* BSP and SP will contest on 38 seats each. “Two Lok Sabha seats we have left for other parties and Amethi and Rae Bareli have been left for Congress,” announced Mayawati. Uttar Pradesh has total 80 Lok Sabha seats.
* Mayawati criticising both Congress and BJP said that the policies of the parties have been mostly same. “For example, we are seeing how both indulged in corruption in defence deals. Congress imposed declared emergency, today there is undeclared emergency,” she said.
* BSP supremo Mayawati reading out her statement announced the alliance of her party with the SP to contest the 2019 general elections which she said will be a “political revolution in the country”.
* The alliance will represent interests of backward communities, various religious groups, farming societies and the marginalised, said the BSP supremo.
* In the last Lok Sabha and then assembly elections, BJP formed government through “Bemani”. We need to stop them. We have already fought by-polls together and defeated BJP, said Mayawati.
* The alliance comes exactly 25 years after the two parties joined hands to stop the BJP juggernaut at the height of the Ayodhya movement in 1993.
#Republish #India #News #LatestNews